Re: Reversal Candlestick Pattern Structure Thoughts and Questions

At 8:05 AM -0400 7/27/98, Steven Buss wrote:

>-    I'd like to confirm that those folks doing the exercise above come to
>the same conclusions that I have.  Specifically, after doing this exercise,
>do you agree with both conclusions A and B above?  If you don't, why not?
>If you don't, what specific reversal date/time led you to your different
>conclusion?

A candlestick pattern is simply a representation of what various price
patterns look like on a longer time scale, sort of a short hand way to
represent a pattern.

For example a V bottom price pattern spanning one day on 45 minute bars
would become a "hammer" candlestick. Nothing magic. Just a result of the
compression.

Greg Morris did an extensive evaluation in his book, "CandlePower". He
tried all kinds of combinations including various filters on the
candlesticks. The conclusion, as I recall, was that they are not tradable.

Bob Fulks