Re: Why trade Futures?

At 11:57 AM -0400 7/21/98, TWA7663@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Bob, because of my experience with developing S&P systems and my previous
>experience with trading stocks, I am very interested in your experience
>with the Rydex funds. I would appreciate more comments from you about
>these. You can respond privately to my e-mail. Thank you for taking the
>time to read this.

I only investigated using them. They do a good job of tracking the index on
overall basis but can vary quite a bit on a day to day basis. If you plot a
histogram of the one-day change of the Nova fund divided by the one-day
change in the S&P, index you see a distribution from about 1.3 to 1.7, but
with not infrequent outliers far away from 1.5. The are usually on the days
when you would want it to be correct so it affects profits on a system that
switches frequently.

Bob Fulks