Re: the Reason(s) for MY Success.......

JMB wrote:

> For those who have successfully traded for a year or more, what was
> the single most influential book, author, course, seminar, tutor, etc.
> that led to your becoming successful / profitable?

 Ok I will start : number one on my list is this:

1. A track record of one year is not enough to qualify anyone as being successful. A real good
trader who has been in the business for years will often be outrun by some new upstart. Only to
latter blow themselves out, and the old hat just keeps on doing what he/her does year after year. To
know this leads to being successful, to not believe this leads to ruin. The quick road is also a
short road, usually at the end of a cliff.

2. There is a difference between being profitable and successful. How so? Well there are so many one
shot wonders. How many on this list were around here talking to each other 4 years ago? Not many , I
know the few, the rest are not likely to survive a flat or down market and so they wont be here 4
years from now.

3. Would you rather know how I avoided the minefields of bullshit that is laid out there for the
greedy sob's that are blinded by the glitter of the call of the gold rush.

4. I am different than the typical person, most sheep are white I am black. Most believe what is
written in a magazine, I don't. Most want to belong to a trading fraternity of online friends and
pals, I will study with those who have weathered the test of time with me.

5. The ignorance on trading list along with the turnover of participants has become the bench mark
by which I know how intelligent I am.

--
TC