Re: Backup. Mirror or RAID!

I don't know the advantages (if any) of using mirroring software or what
overhead you might encounter by forcing live real-time back-ups, but I
assume it would be substantial and would also degrade the speed and
performance of your overall system -- not to mention the questionable
necessity of live "on-the fly" mirroring in the real world.

You can easily back-up a hard-drive periodically, on command, by using a
simple DOS command like:

C:\windows\command\xcopy32.exe  C:\*.*  D:\  /m /s /e

You would need to replace the C: and D: references with whatever is
appropriate for your system. This command will back-up the entire hard-drive
on the first run, then only the files that have changed on subsequent runs.
(Be sure to run it without any other programs active).

You could restore Directories/Folders selectively (or the entire drive)
using Copy/Paste (or Drag & Drop) in Windows .