Re : Re: Automatic creation of contracts feature workaround

Dans un courrier daté du 18/07/98 17:30:02  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 pierre wrote:

 >Means that you need to create these contracts BEFORE unchecking the morning
 >update for the last time (you will be able to check it again one the TS4
 patch
 >will be available.

 What I would recommend is to only add those post 1999 contract expirations
 that are critical to your trading. Doing so will conserve hard disk space
 if you have (like most of us) large partitions (>500 MB).  Also, you can
 manually add contracts AFTER the morning update tab has been unchecked.
 That's what I'm planning to do...manually add the contracts I need on a
 monthly basis until Omega delivers the TS 4.0 Y2K bug fix.

 I think Earl Adamy suggested something similar (in re: to partition size)
 in an earlier post.

 -Tony Haas

Yes, you can also operate like this.

My purpose was to set up your portfolio in a definitive manner and never
change it again until the patch availability, for sake of clarity.

However , if you are close to run out of HD space, better is to thing to add a
6Gb disk if your OS allow this.
They are inexpensive now.
For example, when doing a data conversion (necessary wit all major TS upgrade,
you need at least 2 times the size of your database).
Maybe TS5 format will do an exception to this space HD requirement.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin