Cable in Manhattan

Some minor bits of information gleaned today from "DC" at BMI Tech Support. I
used to use TBS but switched to AMC, after TBS was forced to black out one
night due to a local Knicks game. No significant problems over the last month.
(Before that the cable company, Time Warner, had a series of outages in my
neighborhood that were finally attended to.) DC said he heard only TBS was
providing good data in Manhattan. Hmm. I guess I'll stick with AMC until I
find something out of line.

I wanted to be able to pick up CSpan - can't have too many channel back ups.
(I would keep it in reserve, given the CSpan problems I have noted on Eskimo.)
DC says the reason I can't pick up CSpan is that, unlike the other two, it
can't be picked up through the cable box, but rather must come directly from
the cable feed, with the BMI box set to channel six. So, rather than fool
around with my wiring I decided to leave CSpan out of my repertory for now.

Ralph