Re: FutureSource data import

Yuri K <ure1@xxxxxxxxxxx> asks:
>Is there any civilized way to import data into BMI server from FSData?

Well, no, it's not civilized, but it is possible, at least into TS 3.5.
You have to generate a file in Omega's .dat tick-data format (I assume
you're talking about intraday tick data.  If you're referring to
daily data, the same basic answer applies, but it's a .dly format file).

The way I do it is start with ascii FS data, then run that data through
a C program that runs on my Linux computer to make the .dat file.
Then I put that file, and the little 32-byte dummy file that holds
the name of the file set (no extension a la .dat, .dly, .idx, etc.)
into the paste-in directory and tell TS to paste-in.  TS sees that
the .idx file isn't there and so generates it, then offers to paste-in
the data.

As I said, it's not civilized at all.  I don't know how you'd do it
in TS 4 with its opaque .omz paste-in format, except you might get
it to generate the .idx file if you temporarily rename your main
data file and name the paste-in data as that main file.  Then TS
might accept it, allowing you to then copy it back out, restore your
main data, then paste in the desired FS data.

This latter scenario is so uncivilized that I remain with TS 3.5.

Cheers,

Jim