RE: real date & time

In a message dated 98-07-08 11:15:23 EDT, colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Does anyone have a function for returning the real time. CurrentTime
> returns
>  the data feed time (with an adjustment for offset). To me the real time
is
>  the time taken from an atomic clock, which PC's can poll over the
internet
>  at predetermined intervals.

Colin

      I set my pc clock to the Naval Bureau of Standard once a day, and it
matches the BMI feed Plus or minues 2 to 3 seconds all day.    Out of
curiosity, what on earth in the trading world could require greater accuracy
than that.

                              Pete
Pete I'm trying to measure the latency of datafeed time stamps that we get
from several sources, all of which are consolidated into a Reuters server,
which sends data to TS. Admittedly a few seconds is mostly inconsequential,
but I want to determine time advantage of using UMDS in lieu of Reuters
server.