Omega-Digest News

was:  Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #306

So far, Pegasus is the only mailer whose tech folks have vouched for
proper MIME digest operation, though Eudora Pro 4 is supposed to
handle it as well, according to a person at Qualcomm.  The implication
is that lesser, or older, versions would NOT handle the digest properly.

The Pegasus guy was appalled that any mail sender would be so rude
as to send a NULL, and worried that even Pegasus might not know what
to do with it, might be used internally as a delimiter, etc.  My reader
just ignores them, but warns me it's doing it when I load the offending
message.  I'd think software would protect itself against things like
NULLs if that software could be hurt by them.

I'm going to see what load it would put on the list server to screen
all messages for NULLs, and if it looks reasonable, I'll do that.

When reporting problems reading the digest, it's really useful to me
if you include what mail reader, version, etc., you're using.
--
jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
maintainer of the omega list