Re: DTN versus BMI

Langben@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Tradestation 5 will be able to handle DTN real time.
> DTN pricing seems to be priced quite a bit under BMI.
> Does anyone have any experience with DTN?

I have used DTN for about 4 years.  First with thier WallStreet product
which is 9600 baud "snapshot" every two minutes of what ever you will.
I used it in conjunction with Integrated Financial Software/Services
screen for downloading into ascii.

I have used the Real time sinc Oct 1997.  Up until the satellite debacle
they were a superior service. They are now broadcasting from Telestar 5
which should provide a solid service.    I have always found the service
people very very helpful and available.

I got that DTN didn't have a contingency plan for a downed bird.  This
really affected their service. The place turned into chaos.. I believe
now that they are resolving the situation.  Why, I don't expect Telestar
5 to go down.  Also it has a signal strength considerable stronger than
their previous G3 solution.  The reciever wouldn't pull in the signal in
California..

As for the feed it is very fast.  I can be talking to my Chicago broker
and quotes change at the same time.. The INDU will have as many as 15 to
20 ticks a minute.

Hope this helps.

Don