Re: BIOS and CMOS experts PLEASE !!!

You need to know the specific Base Memory Address and IRQ setting that your
second Parallel Port card is using.  These can normally be set by jumpers
on-board the card, but you'll probably need the original documentation to
determine the jumper settings for the Base Address, IRQ, and LPTx. You could
attempt switching all the possible Base Address and IRQ combinations in the
CMOS, but I don't remember all the various possibilities.

If you don't have the LPT card documentation, it might be simpler to replace
the 2nd Parallel Port card with a new one, but you would need to find a
pre-Plug & Play card that allows you set the IRQ, Base Address, and LPTx
settings.  You would then need to go into the CMOS settings and change them
to match the new card.

Another possible solution is to attach the Laplink cable to the back of the
Dongle in LPT1 and run the SSIACT program (from DOS, not Wfw) to see if it
can detect the Dongle.  If it does, change the SSIACT parameters in your
AUTOEXEC.BAT file and re-boot the machine.  If your LPT1 card is working
properly, you should be able to use this set up and eliminate the 2nd
Parallel Port.  If this doesn't work, it might be best to replace the LPT1
card with one that will allow detection of the Dongle.

Unfortunately, no simple solutions and you may need to shuttle the whole
mess over to your local nerd...