Re: Data Accuracy

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Data Accuracy
  • From: tagteam@xxxxxxx (James F. Mazzulla)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:00:31 -0700

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 Richard C. wrote:
>The computer which did not collect news data collected 23.8% more data
>(ticks) than the computer collecting news. This percentage was calculated on
>file size not the number of ticks.

I run News continually. Based upon a comparison with other
TS users and the CME website, I do miss some ticks. The
loss, however,  only appears to be around 1% (on average)
and I haven't been able to determine whether it's related to
running News or something else. Regardless, 23% is =huge=
and I simply can't imagine a loss of that magnitude being
related =exclusively= to collecting news.

Best regards,
Jim