Re: A SYSTEM TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

I enjoyed this piece a lot.  I think another moral is that most
systems work under certain conditions or market environments.  Some
systems/indicators work fine in trending markets an subsequently
blow in choppy / swinging markets.  Any system that does it all can
probably be broken down into cases and individual systems.

Then there are the systems that work great 9 out of 10 times but
when they fail that 10th time, the loser trade is a whopper.  So you
have to look at total performance, drawdown, number of winning /
losing trades yadda yadda...

- Hacker