Re: TradeStation or Superchart ???

Thomas Bowen wrote:

> FYI;  I use Supercharts as IMHO the difference in cost between Supercharts
> and Trade Station is not worth it just for Power Editor.

It may not be of any use for you, in which case your choice has been a good
one.  If any trading tool costs you anything - or, more specifically, if it
doesn't *add* significantly to your bank account, it certainly isn't worth
considering.  While a grand or two may seem like a fair amount of money, in
terms of what's at stake in trading, it is simply a drop in the bucket really
over the life of the software, even to those with smaller accounts.  Any good
tool has the capability of paying for itself many hundreds of times over in
adding to profitability.  It is not hard to imagine at all the little extra for
TS being VERY worthwhile for most traders though, especially considering that
even the simplest of programming requires it, and the centerpiece of this
software is its ability to trade YOUR ideas, which is pretty much what you have
to do to be successful anyway.  Personally, I find the Quick Editor to be
pretty useless, and even a lot of extremely simple stuff is beyond its reach.
I'd advise those deliberating this decision to seriously consider it, and
unless they are just a casual player who are sure they won't want to mess
around with their own ideas, the Power Editor is pretty much an essential
component of this software.

Regards,
A.J.