Re: daily data collection

Manning Stoller wrote:
> If you are using Dow Jones Tradestation (now Bridge Telerate
> tradestation), the new day starts at 22:00 GMT and goes until 21:58 the
> next day. Volume is posted

Volume cant be posted as there is NO such thing for FOREX - PERIOD !

> and represent the price changes.

Thats not volume, but number of ticks !

> Normal for the DM would be around 4,500 a day.

There is nothing "Normal for the DM" - thats just the number of ticks *you* get
on *your* DJ Tradestation - and if someone receives LESS or MORE ticks in
FOREX it hardly matters, as its not LAST trade (as from a FUTURES
exchange), but *just* a price indication from a bank - and in FOREX to have
MORE ticks doesnt mean its a better feed - in difference to regulated FUTURES
markets.

FYI, ystd I had on my DBC feed - 9500 ticks for the DEM

- is that normal ? No, there is no normal

- is that better than BMI ? No, there is no better

Do I recommend DBC - NO, its useless on FOREX !!!

> Open interest refers only to the futures market and not to any cash market.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Manning Stoller
>

> hans esser wrote:

No, I didnt write that - I wrote the answer to that question

rgds hans