R&W - and technical analysis

All this talk of R&W systems, and technical analysis ......

In 1995 I bought a subset of "Master Suite", called "Currency Master", which
traded JY, DM, SF and BP.  After paying $4500 I was disgusted to find that I
had bought 3 simple channel breakout systems, and one moving average
crossove - just like the ones that come free with TradeStation.

After removing the padding, they could all 4 be written with a couple of lines of
code.  They used huge stops - like $5000.  If this is "technical analysis", then I
am the avuncular relative of a simian.

I paper traded the thing faithfully, and after 12 months had a substantial paper
loss, and a drawdown of about $22k - ignoring slippage and commission.
I did finally get my 110% refund, but only after a long and acrimonious fight
with the company principal, and submitting all my evidence to the CFTC.

Bob Young