Re: Public be WARNED

Wake UP! Lawsuits, attorneys and regulators hover around the periphery
of this industry, just waiting for the next whining, self-pitying
asshole. Everyone who ever programs up trading systems knows you NEVER
takes the software at face value, I don't care who's software you're
talking about. The reason is that in ANY system testing software,
assumptions must ALWAYS be made. Why don't you sue Omega for the fact
that their software doesn't take into account the effect your order
might have on the market when you go to trade it?

Furthermore - anyone who tests systems then plans on plunking their
money donw on actually trading the thing is simply naive if they do
not hand test the results out -- something that YOU should have done,
something you SHOULD have done on tick by tick data.

Don't blame - don't sue - dont' harrass other people becuase you
failed to do your homework.

Lastly, please do not use this newsgroup to troll for legal
troubles.....this is not used entirely by AMericans, and those of us
who are not resent your using this newsgroup for America-directed
legal nonsense.

-Ralph Vince

---Alan Savant <the_savant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Mr. Bill Brower , Mr. Murray A. Ruggerio Jr., Mr. BillCruz,
Futures
> Magazine please make a note of the following statements concerning
your
> recent magazine article.
>

> I read your article on “The Bouncing Tick” problem in futures
magazine.
> I deciphered from the article that lesson to learn is that that
trailing
> stops are to not be used if someone wants face reality.  If this is
the
> case then I wonder why you didn’t just say so, outright.  Can you
> honestly condone the use of the built in trailing stops for any
reason?
> Would you make a clear yes or no statement on this for the record?  I
> also wonder if you who are supposedly not under employment by Omega
> Research could determine that the bouncing tick setting in
TradeStation