Re: SP8M Daily Tick Count

> Tony Haas wrote:
> >SP8M has been averaging about 7000 ticks per day for the last week
>
> Carroll Slemaker wrote:
> >Some time back I compared a full
> >day's tick count for the front S&P contract;  I compared my count with
> >that of a friend using BMI and with a count from the official list of
> >ticks from the CME itself.
>
> I am concerned that my data feed has only been delivering around
> 3,000 ticks a day for SP8M and would like to take this up with my
> data vendor (the German company "bis") .

Michael - I have another friend who uses BIS, we compare often, he is
always faster and LACKS a lot of ticks - they are cheap (only outside
germany <g>) and they lack 30% ticks EACH day on SP and about 40% on
US Bonds - thats a fact - I checked it OFTEN !!!.

I have even told this various resellers of BIS, they didnt believe me
until I proved it to them - they didnt come back since..... <g>

I would not use BIS for SP if it came for free

There is another lowcost feed called TENFORE, they have the same
problem - faster than DBC (not really a prpblem) and LACK about 30%
of ticks - so no good !

> Does anyone know where I can see the official list of ticks from the CME. I can't find it at
> www.cme.com or am I not looking properly?

No need to check there, Im comparing BIS to DBC since about 2 years -
nothing changes........

> Thanks.
>
> Michael Soliatis

If you need further info contact me direct............

rgds hans

~~~~~
You wont achieve anything by being afraid.......