Re: New York Markets

As a fee paying client who is a small part of a firms revenue you wear all
Murphy's Law losses and no windfall gains from your broker.  The solution
is to become a really big client get charged really low
brokerage and get compensated for shitty fills because they want to keep
you.

I HATE HEARING FROM BROKERS THE FAMOUS WORDS "NOT HELD".
Does anyone else suffer from this?  Moving from Insto trading into trading
my own
account was a major eye opener.  The treatment the private guys get is
terrible for
the high transactions costs.  I guess it will never change, but I want to
see some changes.

Issues of corrupt and illiquid New York markets aside, the effect of a
brokers actions for a small
trader are a drag of a around 4 to 5% on returns from my experience.  Has
anybody else a
view on this?

David Hunt
http://adest.com.au