Time Frames in SP & US

Hi,

	I have found, at least over the past five years, and when using BMI's SP
feed that includes Globex, a 144 tickbar chart is the most consistently
successful in the S&P and Bonds, given the fact that I am a breakout type
of trader.

	I wrote an indicator that adds the upticks + downticks, and alerts me when
it hits 144. That way, I can do something else, or observe another market,
etc., and not be slave to the screen. When the alert goes off, (and I have
a loud bird whistle which I can hear throughout my house), I can then go to
the chart and ascertain whether or not my indicators are giving me an entry
signal.

	Anyway, I sincerely feel the 144 tickbar timeframe works well in trading
the sp. Small enough to catch the major trends, and somewhat big enough to
help avoid the "noise".

	Jim