Re: Supreme Order in Markets ??

  • To: "NJ Brown" <kschr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Supreme Order in Markets ??
  • From: "Neil Jon Harrington" <njh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:07:45 -0700

Sorry if this is a repeat for some of you...

This has to be the poster boy of scam artists. Look at this ad (p. 60, TASC,
April 1998). Read the big print:

"It is possible to identify the exact point of origin of all turning points
with 100% accuracy infinitely into the future."

I think Tom Cathey or someone first spoofed this when he saw the exact same
ad in Futures.

We are sure wasting our time on these lists talking to each other when right
here, "Virgil J. DaSilva now reveals the greatest achievement in market
history, THE SUPREME ORDER IN MARKETS."

Take a close look at the chart in the ad, where all of those triangle
markers are. Do they look familiar? They should. Every one of them are swing
points of strength 1 (for highs, the swing high bar is higher than the high
just before and just after that bar, likewise for the swing low). Or, if you
like TD foolishness, they are all TD1 pivot points. Or, if you like Bill
Williams' chaos theory, there kind of like fractals, but weaker (Williams'
fractals are just swing points of strength 2).

And you already guessed what else. You can "predict" these with "100%
accuracy infinitely into the future" because you don't PREdict them, you
POSTdict them. As soon as the bar after the swing high (low) finishes, then
you know, then you mark the swing high (low).

I will eat all my words if I could watch this in real time and see that mark
show up where it is before the start of the next bar.

And, of course, since this is 100% accurate, and everyone can now buy it,
everyone can be on the same side of every trade (except those poor people at
the exchanges who have to take our trades), and everyone can make all the
money they want.

Who needs comics in TASC with these ads.

Neil