Hidden TS Feature!!!

On April 9 I posted a message concerning "Bizarre TS Behavior".  Tech
support at Omega has now provided the explanation and it looks like it
may be a useful feature.  I believe that I have seen posts on this list
asking about possible third-party apps which will, independently or in
conjunction with TS, "replay" historical data as if it were arriving in
real time.  Well, it looks like TS will do this!  It needs to be done
during non-market hours and using the offline server and requires
resetting your system clock.  I am not sure, but it appears that this
works only for time-bar-based charts (1-minute, 60-minute, daily,
weekly, etc.), not for tick-based charts.  Also, a system using
update-on-every-tick may miss some signals when "replayed" in this
manner.

Following is the explanation I received from Kevin Fortner:

The off-line server sets its time based on the system
clock, while the real-time server waits for a time from the receiver
box.  If
the system clock or the date and time is behind the date and time stamp
for the
data collected, the charting application will begin to chart the data in
the
manner described in your e-mail.  If you live on the West coast, turn
off the
real-time server, and open the off-line server, the server will set its
time to
the same time reported by the operating system (three hours less than
EST).  The
charting application will only load the values up to the current time in
the
server.  As the time changes, the ticks that match the time values
collected by
the server will be added to the chart.

Regards,

Carroll Slemaker