Re: TradeStation vs Windows on Wall Street?

In terms of systems, I'd have to say WOW is not yet ready for prime
time.  You can't get anywhere near the complexity you can with TS.

In terms of the dongle,  why don't you check out the
dongle-free product from Safesoft.  I think it's about $200-$300.

As far as the computer locking up, rig up a real LONG remote reset
switch, give it to your neighbor, and just call him to press it when
you need it.

> I am wondering if WOW is a worthy substitute for TradeStation.
>
> I have a complex system written in the power editor that I trade, but when I
> go on the road, I need a way to follow the system. I read somewhere that WOW
> uses a programming language that is EasyLanguage compatible.
>
> So far I've been using PCAnyWhere to connect to my computer to follow it which
> usually works, except when the host computer locks up, as it has done. That is
> the kind of problem I'm trying to avoid - a desperately needed, but locked up
> computer 1000 miles away.
>
> What I would much prefer is software that I can take on the road with me
> without the need of a security block.
>
> I am aware that Omega will sell me a second copy of TS at the incredible
> discount of 15% off but then I'd still have the damn dongle to contend with,
> and that I could use the safesoft product, but I am thinking that I might like
> to use something else.
>
> Also, I own MetaStock but this code is too complex for it.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks much,
> Dan Poiree
> Bellingham WA

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."