Re: ELA question

Mike wrote:

> I assumed (from reading the manual), that Barnumber & currentbar would
> differ...

Barnumber and Currentbar are the same for the bar currently being
analyzed. The difference is the syntax for referencing previous bars.

Barnumber[3] = Currentbar - 3

> my problem is identifying when i am up to the
> last three days of data so that i can begin the comparisson....

input: daysback(3);

var: start_date(0);

if currentbar = 1 then begin    {only need to do this calc once}
  start_date = juliantodate(datetojulian(lastcalcdate)-daysback);
end;

if date = start_date then begin  {or maybe if date >= start_date}
  {whatever code}
end;

--
   Dennis