Re: know a HONEST brojker ? was Re: NY Markets/ Tom Cathey

"Neil Jon Harrington" <njh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I may have missed your point about this being an example of Lind
> Waldock being a good broker.

Yes you obviously did !

> This story seems to indicate that they
> didn't know what was going on since their time and sales was
> inaccurate.

There is not such thing as  'their time and sales' - but only one and
that is ought to be correct, therefore it gets adjusted by the
exchange after discovery of missing or bad trades.

> What if this went the other way and you had a bad loss

how could it ? - if I have a SELL at xxx.20 and its higher- even I
know Im done and take the risk

> because of the same inaccurate data?

again - its not inaccurate data !

> You would have been asking them to eat it.

ofcourse not - if its higher Im short at my price, if I dont know
such things I shouldnt trade..........

> If they did, that would be the sign of a good broker.

forget it

> One other thing was very puzzling. How do you account for the fact
> that your data feed didn't show the trade

its was not reported by the exchange, thats the CME, not DBC nor LIND
and therefore NO datafeed in the world would have had that tick !

> and LW's time and sales

again, its not theirs, but the worlds !

> didn't show the trade?

how could it, before the exchange themselves report it - obviously
someone,either seller or buyer reported it - therefore the exchange
updated the records to be correct - they INSERTED the tick - DBC and
BMI can never show such things after the fact.

> If your order was a day order, you may not
> have called to cancel it. Then unknowingly, you would have been
> filled and carrying a position overnight!!

yawnnnn, see above - it couldnt happen and aswell they call ya on
fills - may be some time later, but they do

> Or am I misunderstanding something?

might be

> Neil Harrington

rgds hans