Re: What about De-Dongling & Dongle-Cracking?

At 11:14 AM 3/29/98 Tony Parker wrote:
>I would like to hear from anyone who has actually tried these TS4 Dongle
>cracks. Do they work? Did it mess up TS4? Did TS4 perform differently?
>How much did it cost? Where could it be acquired legitimately?

Tony:

I am a long-time user of the SafeSoft program -- it requires that you
physically have the dongle attached when you install Safesoft, and after
that you can remove the dongle and SafeSoft acts as a driver in Windows.  I
have the hardware dongle put away safely in TradeStation's box along with
the cdrom, startup manual, and other archives.

I got this program because I couldn't have my LaserJet printer attached to
my printer port without it being turned on.  If the cable was attached, and
the printer powered off, TS would report that the dongle was missing.
Omega tech support, after numerous tries with different SSi settings, etc,
couldn't solve the problem.  I had to go another route.  Since the
installation of SafeSoft, I've never had a problem with TS related to the
dongle or dongle removal.

I'm a legal, legitimate TradeStation user for which the Safesoft program
took care of a legitimate problem, and I'm not afraid to say it.  Safesoft
can be reached at 204-669-4639.

Michael Charness
TS #19325