RE: Programmer Pay

I know it's hard to believe, but my experiences in the PC field would vouch
for this pay rate schedule.  I know VB programmers that get paid $50-80/hr
and I know some that get paid 3 digits/hr (highly specialied though).  C++
get $60 - $120 in the area where I live.  To get a high rate, VB people
must have tons of specialized experience in the field they are programming
for and more importantly, they find their own jobs.  If you use a
contracting firm to find work, then expect to get paid $20-45/hr while the
the contracting firm takes whopping 50-200% above what you get paid.  This
would put the actual rate for you servceis in the general vicinity of
prices mentioned in this list.  As an entry VB programmer, expect to get
paid $16-$20/hr.  Also, don't be afraid to ask for a higher rate.  I've
found you definitely won't get more if you don't ask for it.

Brian.