Re: Networking

> Thanks for the reply. Am I wrong in assuming that the server
> wouldn't run without the Dongle.

No, you are wrong in assuming, to be wrong in assuming that the
server wouldn't run without the Dongle - thats a lawyers answer to
your question with a double negative.....

in clear geman,,,,,oppps english:

The server will NOT run without the dongle !

> In other words, if I split my BMI
> feed I would need a separate Dongle or safesoft (the illegal and
> un-speakable thing that probably won't work with 5.0).

yes

> In this case if I lost my hub p.c. I wouldn't have access to any data that wasn't
> backed up.

yes

rgds hans

> Thanks again,
>
> Stewart
>
> If all you're concerned about is getting a back-up machine running
> quickly, you could have it up and running as soon as you could
> physically swap the Dongle from one machine to the other and start
> TS --or-- have the Dongle on a A-B Switch box that would do the same
> thing --or-- buy a 2nd TS/Dongle combo from Omega at reduced rate
> --or-- do the illegal and un-speakable thing.
>
> Re: distribution paths for downloads-- routing to any network drive
> could easily be accomplished by a DOS .BAT file after the initial
> download is complete, but not simultaneously.

> ---
>

> Stewart Taylor
> Taylor Consulting Inc.
> <staylor@xxxxxxx>
> http://www.cei.net/~staylor
> Voice: 501-219-9778
> Fax: 501-228-0963

~~~~~
You wont achieve anything by being afraid.......