All in the same boat...

Hi folks...

Let me quote The Code:

> I would like to add something about mechanical trading systems: They are not for      > everyone and they alone wont guarantee your success. But in spite of what anyone   > thinks  you can make money using them, and you can put your trading on remote control.
> Not very many people have done this I suspect but it can be done. There
> is no reason for a fight between discretionary and mechanical traders.
> Every mechanical system is Born from a discretionary idea and every
> discretionary trader really trades a system he just doesn't know it.

Now I think someone has put their finger on what's been rattling
around in my head since code started flying around the list. There are
'routines' and 'cues' that are in my trading. They got there by me
learning what worked and what didn't work [in my trading]. This is
mirrored in the testing of mechanical systems and indicators.

And so discretionary traders can look at the techniques systems
traders use when approaching the market and if they make intuitive
sense, try to slowly add them to their repertoire of trading
techniques. Similarly, systems traders can look at the trading
techniques and money management techniques of discretionary traders
and if they seem to make some sense, try to 'code' them for system
trading.

I'm never going to be a system trader. But I'm always interested in
watching how others approach the markets, how they trade the markets,
and how they use money management to be more successful.

Tim Morge