Demo of system

I ordered a demo of a well known and advertised S&P daytrade system after
seeing it's lavish website filled with the current buzzwords of "chaos
theory"  "backwards validation"  "walk forward testing", etc.....it had it
all...plus a track record for 15 years with huge profits and minimal
drawdowns....

after I received the demo, i watched it realtime during the October 1997
crash.....it had a terrible month, losing when it traded and staying on the
sidelines during the big decline days....therefore I decided that it wasn't
worthwhile...after all, if a s&p daytrade system can't make money in that
market...

imagine my surprise when I visited the web site a couple of months later
and accessed the track record which showed it made a huge profit during
October!

The system developers had re-optimized the system so it made money in
October....i know this because the numbers of trades were different for the
whole track record from the track record I was provided in my demo!

typical system developers trick.

"Some days the fish do, in fact, bite."