Re: Is this code professional product? (was The Code not in ELA

> That said, what I've seen of this code does not appear to be professionally
> written. At a minimum, I expect professionally written/marketed source code to
> include: 1) header block with name, author, copyright (if applicable), revision
> history, and some explanation of the intended purpose; 2) inputs and variables
> which are given meaningful names with at least a few words of explanation in
> comments; and 3) explanatory comments sprinkled throughout the code to identify
> the key conditions and flow of the logic.

Obviously, you haven't seen "professional" code from the places I've
seen it: IBM, AT&T, Merrill Lynch, etc.  Comments?  Meaningful Names?
 These are just ideals.  In reality the true definition of
professional code is that it does the job it's supposed to do.  You'd
be surprised at what lies under the .exe files you run every day and
paid good bucks for.

So, don't let a lack of these things make you think it's not
professional.  Then again, if you test it and it works, this is no
indication that it's professional either.  Some of the best
documented code is the worst running, and some of the most archane
looking code is the best running.  And all of which is written by
professionals, sold, and copyrighted.

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."