Re : Stop Piracy / "The Code" brain fuse problem

PO in part wrote:

<SNIP>

>An other one will be to use TradeStation5 that will allow to import compiled
>EL code without the source code.
>Therefore, no problem to see your work published as readable source code like
>now.

So much for the touted "open environment" for TradeStation.  I think Omega
       should be more concerned with TRADELAB, and ITS open enviroment,
unlimited data loading and testing capability via VB, Y2K compliance NOW,
and EL to VB translator (not a perfect conversion granted, but good enough
to get the job done).  I thought WOW DayTrader Pro could offer some
competition, but they appear to be not much better at doing things than
Omega.  For full time traders such as myself, TRADELAB appears to be the
way to go.  And pros will migrate to a platform that gives a real
competitive edge over other traders in the markets.

>Concerning "The Code" EL thread, most of the stuff published here seemls to
>have no real value.

You don't know that.  Code is code is code.  For analogy purposes and
learning    EL, this stuff is invaluable.

>Protected or not, copyrighted or not, this is a proof that the stupid guy
<SNIP>

Why is it some vendors must resort to name calling and intimidation tactics
   (Omega and the SPA e-mail fiasco, Jurik and his attorney)?  Is your
business really endangered from the posting of some apparently public
domain code?  There has been only one complaint, and he has yet to respond
or give further info into the accusation.  Some vendors purport that they
want to "help" people, but their pathetic actions otherwise betray you.

I'm happy that TRADELAB gives a serious alternative to Omega, either as a
stand alone platform or hybrid blending of TradeLab / Omega
features..and,.yes, this is a shameless advertisement for what I perceived
as an excellent soon to be professional trading platform.

	Tony Haas

       Experience is knowing a lot
       of things you shouldn't do.