Another Attempt to get Answers!

I think my previous notes to the list have been drowned out by an
unsolicited flood of ela code.. Or maybe no one knows the answer.
Unfortunately if I can't get the problem solved I'll have to return the
Signal box within 30 days and get my money back!

Basically we need to get the total Nasdaq volume near the end of the day
and decide if there's a signal or not. The Signal feed gives the total
volume figure every few seconds during the day, so you'd think it would be
simple to look at the number near the close and decide.

Unfortunatey all I can get are "incremental" volume bars on intra-day
charts... TradeStation cleverly hacks up the total number from the datafeed.

Applying the formula below we can get the total nasdaq volume during the
day, BUT ONLY if it's used as data1. We can see the volume "ramp up" during
the day.

if date>date[1] then
   value1=v data1 else
      value1=v data1 + value1[1];

Plot1(value1,"Vol of Data1");

Too bad we need to use whatever index future we're trading as data1.
Unfortunately, if we use the formula on data2 (after rewriting the data1
references) it "approximately" works (unless the same volume stream is used
for both data1 and data2) but the numbers are quite a ways off. The shorter
the intraday bars, the greater the error.

You'd think it would be possible to use a "daily" bar. Doing so we can see
the price move up and down within the bar during the day. But in order to
look at the volume it's necessary to use an indicator, and apparently the
indicator will not update until the market closes. That's too late!

Solution Providers, here's your chance!
Thanks,
Phil