systems vs. discretion

I just got back from being on the road this morning and received a number of
replies to my systematic trading vs. discretionary trading.  I got an equal
number that were for and against.  It appears that the problem I am
experiencing is one of rule specification and programming ability.  However,
when I get long or short I really could not tell anyone why in the form of
rules.  Sometimes I will look at stochatics other times I will look at fib
numbers.   Sometimes I wake up in the morning and just want to be long
bonds.  The one thing I do consistently is get out fast when a trade goes
against me (I will take no more than about 6/8 against me) After which I am
just a fond memory.

After considering the matter further, I think that there is most likely a
place for system trading / discretion trading combination each has its own
weakness specifically
System - inflexible and unable to adapt to a market that is never the same.
Discretion - Very adaptable subject to emotional error.  -- success requires
complete ego suppression which is something not many can attain.