Long lines

Sorry that this question boarders on 'off topic' but I've seen the
problem here on the List as well so I'll use that fact as an excuse to
pose the question:

I run Netscape as my primary Browser.  A friend of mine runs Internet
Explorer.  When I receive e-mail from him, his message lines extend
considerably beyond the screen so that I have to scroll the page over in
order to read his message.

I'm quite certain there is a setting in IE which will 'cure' the problem
but, not being familiar with IE, don't know specifically just what that
might be.

If someone out there knows of a solution to the problem, I'd appreciate
your help.  Please also post the menu-path to get to the necessary
setting so that I can walk him through the 'fix' over the phone.

Thanks,

Dave