Re: [Re: Official Announcement] **BEWARE**

  • To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Re: Official Announcement] **BEWARE**
  • From: "A.J. Carisse" <carisse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 18:59:27 -0800 (PST)

Dennis Holverstott wrote:

> ***DO NOT*** give these people any money.
> Jimo, please axe these guys soonest.
>
> robyn.hood@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > It is available for 'free' from our FTP.
> > For instructions, e-mail to the above address
> > and our mailer will forward them to you.

Then...

> > The security fix is availavble at nominal
> > cost of $100 to cover expenses.

I would seriously question the credibility of a person or firm that uses
such blatant deception to promote their products.  When I first read this, I
thought - if it really were free, then our friend would have simply provided
the download link.  However, it's "free" other than the fact that you have
to pay $100 to cover "expenses."  It seems that someone seems to think this
list is populated by idiots.

Regards,
A.J.