Re: Locked TS codes

> > FileDelete could do a lot of damage.
>

> I scanned the Easy Language reference manual and could not find any file-delete
> command in the index.
>
> - Mark

Hmm, I thought that command existed.  But what do I know - I don't have TS 4!
I had thought I had seen references to this command - maybe it is undocumented.
However, I know I've seen references to FileAppend which is not as damaging
but could could serious problems.  Can I just open file and write to it without
appending?

I seriously suspect a malicious sort could use a locked ELA to hide
malevolent behavior to the PC systems integrity even without DLLs.
I'm not a windows programmer but there may also be DLLs within windows that
can be called from EL that are damaging.

I have never heard of such a virus but the potential is there.  Someone
would have to be exceedingly stupid and evil to do such a thing in EL
since it could easily get them into some very serious trouble - are there
not laws (at least in the US) regarding the development and distibution
of viruses?

Chris Norrie