Re: returning value of previous calc?

  • To: Bob Fulks <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: returning value of previous calc?
  • From: gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Gary Funck)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:58:30 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 26,  7:23am, Bob Fulks wrote:

> What this says is that:
>   <New value of Return> becomes equal to
>      Factor * Price + (1 - Factor) * <old value of return>
>
> Obviously, you can only do this is you no longer need the old value of return.

[snip]
> Attached below are two versions of the T3 filter I posted in December, both
> a simple and series version so you can see the differences.

[excellent example elided]

Bob, thanks for clarifying with a working example.  From the
observation that variables retained their values across calls, I
made the assumption that arrays also retained their values.  Looks
as if that isn't the case.  I suppose that if I really wanted to
take things to an extreme I could copy my 50 element array into 50
separate variables, and return the value of the proper var., selected
by the input argument, but that is probably taking things a little
too far. :)  Guess I'll just resort to cut/paste of the entire
function where I need it.

--