Re: Uncle Bob Responds

Omega has indicated that it does not plan to fix any versions of SuperCharts or
TradeStation except the current versions.  So users of earlier versions of the
products are basically stuck unless they get a "fix" elsewhere.

I've taken a look at the legal documentation I got with SuperCharts.  The
Disclaimer of Warranty & Limited Warranty states:

"If the software or written materials are defective, you, and not Omega Research
Inc., or its dealers, distributors, agents, or employees assume the entire cost
of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction."

I think it's pretty clear that expensive software which was written and sold in
the 1990's - and which isn't Y2K compliant - is "defective" (i.e., not suitable
for its intended use).  And since I as a user have - according to the warranty -
assumed the liability of paying for all "necessary servicing, repair, or
correction" of "defects" - Omega is hardly in a position to complain if I choose
to get the software fixed and pay for it out of my own pocket (as opposed to
suing Omega to get Omega to fix the product).

BTW - if there's any ambiguity in these documents at all - it would be construed
against Omega - since Omega wrote the documents.  Robyn