Re: BMI feed ?

Allan L. Kaminsky wrote:

> The receiver powers the LNB at the dish by sending DC up the coax. The
> splitter is an RF transformer. This will probably short the DC to ground
> and prevent anything from working.

Hmm... I've never used BMI's KuBand setup (I run my own large dish with BMI's cable
box), and if it is true that the receiver does send DC through the coax, this is
going to be a problem.  Standard receivers use separate wiring to power the dish
motor and LNB, and I never imagined that this could even be done through the coax
feed (which normally aren't designed for these sort of things).  Obviously, if
you're running 2 receivers, one has to be the master and one the slave.  With
standard satellite equipment, this isn't a problem, but if there isn't separate DC
wiring, at the very least you're going to need special equipment to split, if it's
even possible at all.

Regards and Good Trading,
A.J.