Re: Elliott Wave

Robert wrote:

> I'm interested in your experience with elliott waves..
> -What time frame (minutes,days,weeks,etc) do you use when looking for
> elliott waves in the DOW or other futures?

The only reliable waves I've found occuring on the Dow is on the daily
chart...anything else (hourly, weekly, etc) is people's imaginations.

> -Have you ever tried the WinWaves or other wave finding software?

I've had a copy of WinWaves on my computer for a test. It looks nice but it
will never count the waves right. You CANNOT computerize Elliott the way
these vendors claim.
If you could THEY would own the exchanges.

> -What is the best instructional resource for elliot wave theory?

Start with Prechter's "Elliott Wave Principle" everything else out there
pretty much copies it.

> -How often in 12yrs have you seen waves?

Elliott Waves occur in the Dow several times a week, month. The trick is
that there are mathematical ratios/formulas used in conjunction with the
wave count in order to arrive at a particular count with any certainty.
This cannot be done with futures/commodities prices nor with any
commercially available software.

Carlos Lourenco
lourenco@xxxxxxxxxxx