Re : EL book

Dans un courrier daté du 21/02/98 11:35:44  , carisse@xxxxxxxxxxx écrit :

<<
 Pierre wrote:

 > >What is difficult is to master your thinking when programming something.
 > >The language is the support, the idea the core, and the result is your
work.

 That sounds great, Pierre; however, I speak so little of the language that I
might
 as well be trying to put my ideas down in French.  Obviously, such a
proficiency
 is going to be paramount in any such undertakings.  It would not be a stretch
 suggest that there are quite a few traders out there who could use a clearer
 understanding of how to get their ideas translated into EL.

In fact, this is close to real world.
I have been teaching Physics for more than 15 years, and what I was teaching
to my students was "how to solve a problem, in a general manner", and not ONLY
how to solve this current problem.
This is was I meant by "training your brain".
The more general the sight you may have on a problem, the more proficiency you
will learn for the next problem to solve.

<<
 > >So, I have trainded my brain and not my EL knowledge (EL knowledge comes
as
 > >you progress).
 Maybe, but at this rate I'll be an EL whiz around the time version 12,143
comes
 out.

We do not have yet  an expected date for TS12 beta , so, it is maybe
prematurate...

<<
 > > all is in the
 > >documentation, with a few exceptions.

 Wow!  Now if only someone could explain what it all means <g>

Means that all you need is mainly in the help, manuals, Power Editor Wizard to
get the information on each EL function . I found it there, with a few
exception.

<<
 > >Even the Sirtrade97 breakthought reurofuzzy software has been evolved with
 > >this principle in mind

 This I believe.  I downloaded the trial version, had no idea what the hell is
 going on, and ended up deleting it.  This thing is even more "fuzzy" than EL,
if
 that's possible. <g>

This is not the normal use of our software.
It was made to replace all of the EL hard work (research, programming and
testing).
Fi
to see the Quick Tour and the Online manual.
Then the software does the research and coding of the system for you..

What it does in the background is so complicated that we do not pay attention
to it.
We even do not want to know what were the rules it has found. It could take
days to understand what it has found within minutes...
Only the results an the time saved are of interest.

It avoids all of the above problems as you do not need to be and EL expert.
It is a better expert than you and me.
The performance summary, equity curves are displayed, and the system is ready
for use within TS if the results that it has found seems interesting.

If you accidentally deleted the software, you can reload it from our web site

http://www.sirtrade.com

<<
 The bottom line is that it ought to be possible for users to achieve a basic
and
 serviceable understanding of EL from the documentation alone, which currently
is
 not the case IMO.  The other manuals are very clear, and explain everything
in
 painstaking detail.  The EL one, on the other hand, is the exact opposite.

Things could  always be better in any case.
You may consider to buy Arthur Putt's EL books on Easy language.
They have a good reputation althought I never saw them.

TS Express is also a good information  source an fresh TS ideas and obscure EL
points.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com