Re: Y2K Blackmail?

Re:  people who are being affected now....

It's not just people using leaps.  For example - I run some longer term timing
systems.  Some need well in excess of a year's worth of data to "warm up".  So -
to keep my systems running on 1/1/2000 - I should have Y2K compliant software and
data no later than the middle of 1998.  FWIW - even if the software vendors and
data vendors get things fixed up - I'm not sure how I'll be able to append the new
data onto my existing data files - some of which it's taken me years to compile by
hand from places like Barron's.  Robyn