Re: Y2K Blackmail?

On Feb 18, 10:53am, Peter2150@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Subject: Re: Y2K Blackmail?
> In a message dated 98-02-18 10:38:14 EST, xxxxxxxx writes:
>
> I am sorry, and its nothing personal, but this is stupid.  They are putting a
> free Y2K patch for the current version on the website.  What on earth more do
> you want.  Even if they make secure so only registered 4.0 versions can use
> it.  Thats fair.  They are the only ones who paid for the software.

My fault.  I mis-interpreted some of the posts that I read in
previous Omega List messages, and it sounded to me like Omega had
said they'll only address Y2K problems in version 5.  Note: I have
no plans one way or the other on upgrading to Version 5 (first, I
want to see what it has to offer).

However, I would like to better understand the Y2K issues, and
the facts that relate to the issues.  (I have no problem with Omega
restricting a TS4 fix to customers that have purchased the software.
I would have a problem if they made it unavailable to TS4 customers
with valid, paid up, "permanent" keys, however (just a hypothetical)).

--