Re: Shareware Automatic File Backup Program

We use the Second Copy 97 software for backup management and hard drive
mirroring.  The program is very slick and highly recommended. It's best to
close down the TS server when backing up the TS drive or it sometimes crashes.

At 08:27 PM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>There have been questions in the past about an automatic way to back up
>TradeStation data files.  The article below appeared in "Microsoft Windows(R
>) Technology News" - 1998, Issue No. 3, today.  I haven't tried the "Second
>Copy 97" program.  I don't know if it works compatibly with TradeStation,
>but it looks interesting.  Note even though the article appeared in a
>Windows NT newsletter, the program is said to automatically back up Windows
>95, Windows NT and Windows 3.1 data.
>
>  -Bob Brickey
>   Scientific Approaches
>   sci@xxxxxxxxxx

>WUGNET SHAREWARE OF THE WEEK
>     http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/shareware/
>     http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/shareware/
>
>Each week WUGNET and Microsoft feature a shareware pick demonstrating the
>highest standards available today in shareware for Windows NT. Try one, try
>them all!
>
>NT Shareware of the week
>
>Second Copy 97 by Centered Systems http://www.centered.com/download/setup97.
>exe
>
>With Second Copy 97 the task of backing up important data in Windows 95,
>Windows NT and Windows 3.1 becomes automatic. Second Copy 97 organizes your
>copy jobs in profiles. Each profile is a set of file and folder
>specifications that tells Second Copy 97 what you want copied, where you
>want it copied and when you want it copied. Once configured, it runs in the
>background and monitors the source folders for changes or updates and copies
>new or changed files to the destination.
>
>Setting profiles is a snap with the Profile Wizard. Express set-up lets you
>copy entire folders to another location on your disk, to another disk on
>your computer or to another computer across the network. You can define copy
>intervals from every half an hour to once a day. The Custom setup option
>lets you specify which files and folders should be included or excluded and
>whether you want the files copied, moved, compressed or synchronized. A
>neatly organized Log lets you monitor the copy activities.

Michael Paauwe
mpaauwe@xxxxxxxxxx