Re: pulling the trigger

This post is on the thread though some background inquisition is necessary
as follows below.

The advent of the computer and now the internet which can connect us and
them to all, is really becomming a great actuality.
Wonder why the explosion of "connection" WITH government support, whole and
harty, behind it? Since when has the govt. been behind communication?

As commodity or stock  trader it is our business to observe what is
happening around us. These inputs do bring enlightenment to our potential
trading profits. It gives us the big picture needed to see potential trends.
Real information.
The question being suggested here is:
Why all the emphasis on electronic commerce?
Most traders, particularly of currencies, are familiar with the ECU
proposal.
This is the binding of a large portion of the European nations to one common
currency. Excepting the US dollar.
Question: WHY?
How would it be to any of their advantage's to do this?, giving up their own
control and disbursment of their individual countries currencies?

We all have some knowledge of the dominos falling in our most rapidly
expanding nations of the world, these being the largest potential comsuimer
marketplaces of China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. Their
currencies have been devalued dramatically.
WHY?

There is one country that, not commonly known to us, has been the first
country of the world to be completely "money free". There is no money
exchanged there for anything!
Interestingly, this is the biggest and first affected country, the first
domino to falter and starting the whole event.

With all the convenience of transactions completely done electronically,
what might be the potential negatives?

When the value of money is not stable, as is the case in EVERY country,
including the US, their economies are as well, not stable. We are insulated
from these obvious instabilities in the US by an expert team of management.
We all should know who that is. The Federal Reserve. The wealthiest private
corporation in the world.

What if-----all money, in the world were only visible electronically?
What if-----you could only trade by connecting, and if by voice, still
electronically?
What if----- there were no open outcry and no "pits" to exchange orders?
ELECTRONIC trading is the predecessor to this as reality.
No cash, no checks, no coins. Only electronic exchange of numbers
representing how much or how little "money" you posess.
Is this good?
How would the processes of accounting be performed with nothing to a-count?
How could "regulation" of values, credits and debits be verified?
Perhaps a little thought needs being directed to this area?
Take a look here:  http:www.pldot.com/money.htm    to begin to see the
iceberg's tip.

See U
Tom