Winbeep Information

I recently downloaded a trial copy of the Winbeep application that
Omega supports in Tradestation 4.0.  The web site for doing so is
at http://www.ikon.net/ .  Here are some facts:

1.  After the 30-day trial, the software can be purchased directly
    from IKON Office Solutions for $39.95.  Although Omega Research
    is apparently an authorized reseller of Winbeep, you'll have to
    pay $99.95 for the privilege of buying it through them.

2.  The current version of Winbeep, v2.12, is a 16-bit application
    and, therefore, not able to use Microsoft's TAPI features.
    In my particular case, I could no longer have a PCAnywhere
    process listen on one modem line and a WinFax process listen
    on my other modem.  Both modems are considered "in use" by
    Winbeep.  I had to reconfigure PCAnywhere and WinFax to share
    one modem line (WinFax is able to discriminate incoming calls)
    in order to make the other modem line available to Winbeep.

    The good news from IKON tech support is that a 32-bit version
    of Winbeep that supports TAPI is scheduled to be released
    sometime in March.  However, their sales department does not yet
    have any information regarding the pricing of either a first-time
    purchase of the new version or an upgrade from the 16-bit product.

For position traders, this product does, in theory, allow one to get
a better night's sleep (make sure your pager is set for maximum volume).

Andris Kalnozols
andyk@xxxxxxxxxxxx