Re: Autoboot Windows NT 4.0 Question

Bob,
Following the link in the following article may provide what you need.

Regards,
Glenn Crumpley

TIPWORLD'S TIP OF THE DAY
     http://www.tipworld.com

This tip originally appeared on the TipWorld web site.

THROW ANOTHER LOG-ON THE FIRE

Several weeks ago, we ran a tip describing a Registry edit that would
allow automatic log-on. Since then, we've received a number of questions
about the tip, most of them related to the log-on working only once.
This happens when you don't enter your password. For the tip to work,
you must have a password, and you must enter the password that you chose
for your system log-on. If you enter a different password, you'll have
problems with other programs, such as Microsoft FAX (thanks to
subscriber R.L.R. for this info).

Keeping in mind the usual warnings about making changes to the Registry,
run RegEdit and navigate to
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Look in the right pane for AutoAdminLogon.
If it's there, double-click it and change the value to 1. If it isn't
there, choose Edit, New, String Value (NT 4.0) or Edit, String Value (NT
3.51). Name the new value AutoAdminLogon and give it the value 1. For
the Auto log-on to work, you have to add your password. Look for
DefaultPassword in the right pane. If it isn't there, create it by
choosing Edit, New, String Value (4.0) or Edit, Add Value (3.51). Assign
your password to it.

Now you can close RegEdit and restart the computer. Note that if you
click Start, Shut Down and select Close All Programs and Log On as a
Different User, and then click Yes, the system will restart without
offering to sign on a new user.