Re: Price vs Move

Tom wrote:

> Mark replied:
> >Why not mix and match? You could build a system like that. Mark
> >

> Someday maybe. EL first or some system writing method. Learn lots more
> through empirical observations to know what to write and then write it, test
> it and trade it.
> How to know, if not through observations?
> Which is the tail which is the dog, Observation or Mathematics?
> Tom

Ah! the cryptic message comes back to haunt me, It wont go away. Ok, if
humans observation of the markets were good then that would work. Many
persons empirical observations of the historical markets are perfect. No I
didn't say good I said perfect. It seems that for vendors nowadays to compete
are getting bolder about the claims they make. As far as accuracy and profits
with these public systems, I only see it coming to the point where the name
of the system will be the deciding factor of whether not you buy it. Because
all the performance will be the same 1,000,000.00 profit per day and 1.00
draw down per year and 100% winning trades. Don't forget we can arrange
for a broker to trade it for you also. This is the system add of the future/present.
I propose that the trader is neither the tail or the dog, but rather the flea on the
back of the dog. You have a computer and you are going to tell it what you
want out of a system? You nor I or anyone else is intelligent enough to tell a
computer what is the most profitable way to trade. It is this genetic hierarchy
of humans that makes us want to worship some market guru. To cling to the
guru's every word to buy his tapes to go to his seminars to go to his training
camps. Well wake up I can get a five year old to look at a chart and tell me
if the trend is up or down. In the case of trading the more you know the less
intelligent you are. I have seen people try and out trade my systems for years
and if could be done. The methods they have used would have been found by
now and implemented by the computer! The computer can compute more what
ifs in a day than humanly possible in a life time. I can not help it that the general
trading public can not accept this because of genetics embedded most deeply
in the so called most intellectual of our race. Reminds me of the guy who wore
his self out using a chain saw to cut a branch off a tree. Only to find he just
needed to crank the engine up to make it allot easier the next time. I let the
computer tell me what is the most profitable way to trade a market. I don't
impose my thoughts and beliefs and pre conceived conceptions upon the process.
I throw all the sand in a screen box and believe what I find, if its gold ok if its
not I keep shoveling in sand till I get gold. What makes me think I can determine
to any degree other than luck which pile of sand will have the nugget in it? I
know a winning system when I see one. Why should my choices of what I pick
from be limited to the feeble knowledge base of the existing knows in the universe?

Mark Brown