Omega's Response re TS 3.5 Y2K Patch

Dear Group,

Today (Monday) I received a telephone call from Loren Costantino, who
represented herself as an assistant to Bill Cruz; she told me her phone no.
is (800) 556-2022.

She said that Omega routinely follows the postings on the Omega list, and
that she had seen my posting made last week, in response to Omega's
announcement that it would issue a Y2K patch for TS 4.0, requesting a Y2K
patch for TS 3.5 as well.  She told me politely but firmly that Omega's
position is that its issuance of TS 4.0 has made TS 3.5 obsolete, and that
Omega would not issue a Y2K patch for (or put further effort into) TS 3.5.

I asked if that meant that TS 3.5 would not be operable past 1999, and she
said "Yes, TS 3.5 will not work past 1999."

She encouraged me to upgrade to 4.0 and offered to send me the CD-ROM of the
current build and have one of Omega's technicians work with me to see that
it was installed and operating to my satisfaction; I declined.

The bad news: all of us TS 3.5 fans are SOOL as of 12/31/99.

The good news: we still have 22+ months left to bankroll our retirement
account and get out of this crazy business!

Sincerely,

Old Fogey